July 16, 2012

No. 149

“Geez, that took a long time,” thought the hippo.
 It had been at least a week since he'd made that wrong turn back at the river. Now he was someplace new and hot. Maybe even hotter than where he'd come from. He wasn't sure if he liked it.
“What's that up there?” he wondered. Something strange that only had two legs!
“Are you an ostrich?” he asked it.
“Most certainly not. I am a kangaroo!” replied kangaroo.
“Is that like an ostrich?” The hippo was confused now. What else had two legs?
"No, silly. Marsupials are nothing like birds. Besides, they run. I hop!”
“Oh,” the hippo had to think this over. “Do you know where I am then? I seem to be very far from home.”
“You're in Australia,” said the kangaroo. “Come on, I'll show you around!”
And so the confused hippo went with the kangaroo. It was to be the start of many crazy adventures. Although, to tell the truth, the hippo never did stop thinking his friend was an ostrich!

No comments:

Post a Comment